Friday, April 9, 2010

Classic 1824 - Heavy Dosage Vol. 1 (2004)


This is a mixtape from the legendary Pittsburgh hip-hop crew Classic 1824. It may have been their first together, but they were all making music for 5-15 years prior to its release. Their conscious, super-lyrical rhymes and sample-heavy production has been compared to Wu-Tang.

The latest releases from group members are Sha-King's album Yellowseed, and Living Proofe's Wake Up World mixtape.

01. Intro (Shamir Shine)
02. Fall Back (C.I.)
03. Takes 1 To Know 1 (Shamir Shine)

04. Break It Down (Sha-King)
05. God's Back (Nabri Savior)

06. Come Up (Martial Ife)
07. Golden Sake (Gneticz & Sha-King)

08. 41215 (C.I. & Knowledge)
09. Code Red (Gemstarr)
10. Hustler (Sha-King, Gneticz, & D. Weezy)
11. Run For Cover (RXC)
12. Ghetto Graphic (C.I.)
13. Short of Breath (Martial Ife & Nabri Savior)

14. Early This Mornin' (Nabri Savior & C.I.)
15. African Rhythms (C.I. & RXC)
16. Who's the Boss (Sha-King)
17. Butterscotch (Black Ops - Gemstarr & Hussain)
18. Industrial Burn (C.I.)
19. Murderation (Sha-King)

20. Strength In Numbers (Knowledge, Nabri Savior, Sha-King, & C.I.)
21. Outro (Shamir Shine & Martial Ife)

No comments: